Thursday, November 13, 2008

Balancing work and being a Mommy

Briston has been off from school for 3 days now. It seems longer than that to me! He has been staying with his Grandparents for the past few days. Thank God my father (Abuelo) is retired and can watch over Briston while I have to work. I have missed Briston dearly the past few days. The house seems empty and I feel unsafe without my "little man". It's really funny how when he is around I feel protected - he is a 9 year old! I don't know! When he is not here at home with me I hear every crack and noise. Everything scares me. I think it is just plain missing him! He is my side kick.

When he is off from school for vacation it is hard for me to have to go to work. I wish I could be with him and spend time with him. He has grown so fast. And days go by so fast. Time just goes by before my eyes and my little boy is flying by in growth right with it. But Mommy has to work to provide for us. I already think about all the days, moments, minutes that I have missed because I have had to work since he was born, but I know that our moments although few in my eyes, will be treasured. We try to make them - 'golden moments'.

I will say that the little time I do get to spend with him is all about commands. I get home from work and we go into:
  • Do your homework
  • Eat dinner
  • Take a bath
  • Clean up your room
  • Brush your teeth
  • Get to bed
  • Turn off the TV
So the couple of hours a night we do get goes by with battles because he does not want to do any of that. But I know that it is all worth it in the long run.

Thank you Lord for blessing me with the ability to provide for my son and I. You have blessed me and provided me with employment and wages. Thank you Lord for the time that Briston and I get to spend as a family. Thank you for blessing me with such a precious gift. Lord please continue to guide Briston and to show him the righteous way. In Jesus name, AMEN

1 comment:

Gloria Rodriguez said...

Wow....Its so awesome how we were both missing our little men at the same time. Thanks for sharing your heart sista